The Children with Disabilities Service are consulting on a proposed amendment to the eligibility criteria for social work support and short breaks. We feel that the old criteria is now too vague and has led to an inconsistent application of the criteria. The intention of the amended criteria is not to make it more difficult for families in need to access services, it is to give workers a much clearer framework to apply the criteria to ensure that the services available go to those children and families who need them the most.
We have attached both the existing and the new criteria, and a threshold document that accompanies the new criteria, and would like to ask you some questions about this.
The questions can be answered anonymously via the Council's Consultation portal and does not gather any personal information.
If you do wish to discuss anything to do with this consultation, you can contact us on the details below:
- Ian Walker, Service Manager, tel: 01642 579182
- Ben Lee, Senior Short Break Facilitator, tel: 01642 579162
- Maria Bache, Team Manager, tel: 01642 579174
- Emma McHale, Home Support Manager, tel: 01642 579171
We will also be holding three drop in sessions where you can come and talk to us about these proposed changes, as follows:
Venue: Children with Disabilities Team, Hemlington Health Centre, 21 – 25 The Viewley Centre, Hemlington, Middlesbrough TS8 9JH
Dates and times:
- Monday 9th September 2019, 1.00pm to 2.30pm
- Tuesday 10th September 2019, 10.00am to 11.30am
- Wednesday 18th September 2019, 5.30pm to 7.00pm