When it comes to living a healthy life, you’ve told us that you want:
- to reduce isolation and loneliness
- for issues that affect health and wellbeing to be looked at, like affordable housing and better public spaces
Good health and wellbeing affects every part of our lives, which is why we support and run a variety of projects to help people achieve better health. Projects cover things like reducing isolation amongst older people, making Middlesbrough a safe place for people with dementia, helping people to move more, and supporting young people and adults to look after their mental health.
Let’s make sure local people benefit
Middlesbrough Council and its partners want to support everyone in Middlesbrough to live a healthy life. Planned activities include:
- Promoting health and being active in schools and community venues
- Supporting parents to provide a healthy lifestyle for their children
- Launching a Middlesbrough Council volunteering scheme, focusing first on reducing loneliness and isolation
To find out more about EMPOWER Middlesbrough’s priorities, like health and wellbeing, read our brochure.
Can you or your community group help local people to live healthy lifestyles?
The Community Action Fund can provide up to £5000 to support great ideas and projects. You can find out more and apply on the Community Action Fund page.