When it comes to learning and education, you’ve told us that you want:
- more education opportunities for adults
- better vocational training, for example learning a trade
- schools to include lessons based on life skills
- students to have ambition and self-esteem in addition to good grades
We agree that everyone in Middlesbrough deserves a high standard of learning and education, which is why Middlesbrough has a school improvement strategy to provide the best quality of teaching and learning for our young people. Reading, writing and maths results are growing at KS2, and our special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) students are getting great results – higher than the national average.
Let’s make sure local people benefit
Middlesbrough Council and its partners want to improve the standard of learning and education in Middlesbrough even more. We are going to:
- Work with Middlesbrough College to offer more learning opportunities in communities that need it most
- Work to reduce exclusions, keeping our children and young people in school wherever possible
- Trying different ways of supporting families in communities where school attendance is low
To find out more about EMPOWER Middlesbrough’s priorities, like a high standard of learning and education, read our brochure.
Can you or your community group help local people to learn?
The Community Action Fund can provide up to £5000 to support great ideas and projects. You can find out more and apply on the Community Action Fund page.