When it comes to jobs and work, you’ve told us that you want:
- high quality jobs
- support to be ready for work
- for money spent by services to be spent in Middlesbrough
- fewer people needing to claim benefits
Good things are already happening: more businesses are opening in Middlesbrough than the national average, meaning we’re on track to create over 4,250 new jobs by 2021. Middlesbrough has also been listed as a top place to invest by both the Financial Times and Tech Nation, making sure the world knows we’re open for business!
Let’s make sure local people benefit
Middlesbrough Council and its partners are looking at different ways make sure local people from any background can benefit from new jobs and investment into Middlesbrough. Things like:
- Launching the 50 Futures programme, which offers work experience for groups who might find it difficult to find a job, like ex-offenders or people leaving the care system. Find out more about the 50 Futures programme.
- Ensuring that all Middlesbrough Council apprenticeships and jobs are promoted in our local communities like Berwick Hills and Pallister, Brambles and Thorntree, Central, North Ormesby and Newport
- Increasing the amount of public money spent in Middlesbrough