Report it

House to house collections

You must apply to the council for a licence if you want to collect money or goods (that you plan to sell at a later date) from people’s homes for charity.

You must apply for a licence if you’re a:

  • small charity
  • local group, eg scouts, girl guides

You must apply 20 working days before you plan to start collecting. House to house collection licences are free, and can be valid for anything up to 1 year.

You must include the names of any people who will be collecting on behalf of the charity or organisation. These are known as the authorised collectors. You must include your own name if you’re planning to be an authorised collector.

If you don’t get a licence before starting house to house collections you could face:

  • up to 6 months in prison
  • a fine of up to £1,000

To apply for a house to house collection licence, please contact:

Phone: 01642 728011

  • Hazardous road conditions are forecast - we will be out gritting the roads. Please drive cautiously
    1 day 7 hours ago
  • RT @RSGB_NE: Mixing drink or drugs with driving can be fatal. The family of tragic student Lucy Pinder know all too well the dev…
    1 day 8 hours ago
  • Remember loved ones at a memorial service. Teesside Crematorium, Sunday 17 Dec, 3pm. Visit our website for info:
    1 day 10 hours ago