A traineeship is a course with work experience that gets you ready for work or an apprenticeship. It can last up to 6 months.
Who can apply
You can apply for a traineeship if you:
- have the right to work in England
- are unemployed and have little or no work experience
- are aged 16 to 24 and qualified below Level 3
You may be ready for an apprenticeship if you already have some work experience.
What you'll get
As part of your traineeship you'll get:
- a work experience placement
- help with English and maths (if you need it)
You won't be paid, but you may be given expenses for things like travel and meals.
Find a traineeship
Contact the National Careers Service for advice about traineeships.
If you're receiving benefits, contact Jobcentre Plus to find out whether the traineeship will affect your benefit claim.