A volunteer is needed to provide support in ICT and English for Speakers of Other Languages classes for job seekers.
- To assist the tutor with the delivery of ICT
- To assist the learner with English language used on the course, in order to complete tasks requested
- To support individuals who may need extra help with the tasks
Experience and skills
- A native English speaker or relevant level for communication
- Relevant IT skills
- Experience with job seeker procedure, job search (desirable)
- Good communication skills
- All volunteers are expected to demonstrate a commitment to the principles of equality of opportunity and fairness of treatment in relation to their volunteer role, and adhere to the council’s Volunteer Policy in carrying out their volunteer role
- All volunteers are expected to respect confidentiality, and the principles and practice of the Data Protection Act 1998
- All volunteers are required to comply with Health and Safety policies and legislation
If you're interested please complete the online expression of interest form.
Where a volunteer is disabled, Middlesbrough Council will make every reasonable effort to supply the necessary aids, equipment or adaptations to enable a volunteer to carry out their role