A volunteer is needed to provide classroom support to learners on English, maths and ESOL programmes.
- To provide classroom support to small and large groups
- To support individual learners as directed by the tutor
- To support learners to develop their employability skills as part of their programme
- To attend meetings and undertake development activities as agreed with the coordinator
Experience and skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent spoken communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
To be determined based upon volunteers availability and the needs of the service.
- All volunteers are expected to demonstrate a commitment to the principles of equality of opportunity and fairness of treatment in relation to their volunteer role, and adhere to the council’s Volunteer Policy in carrying out their volunteer role
- All volunteers are expected to respect confidentiality, and the principles and practice of the Data Protection Act 1998
- All volunteers are required to comply with Health and Safety policies and legislation
If you're interested please apply using the online application form.
Where a volunteer is disabled, Middlesbrough Council will make every reasonable effort to supply the necessary aids, equipment or adaptations to enable a volunteer to carry out their role.