Do you have a passion for Lego? Are you creative and enjoy working with families?
A volunteer is needed to run a weekly/fortnightly Lego Club in Middlesbrough Community Hubs.
This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience of running and planning creative sessions alongside a member of staff with scope to bring your own ideas and developments to the group. You will gain experience of working with children and families in a friendly community setting.
- To create themes for Lego building sessions
- To run Lego sessions in selected Middlesbrough Community Hubs
- To liaise with Community Hub staff in the planning and running of sessions.
Experience and skills
- This role would suit anyone wanting to progress into a career working with children and families
- Experience of working with children
- Good verbal communication skills
- Ability to interact with the general public and convey information in a friendly manner
- Willingness to follow instructions from designated staff.
- Reliable and adaptable
- Organisational skills
To be discussed.
This role has been identified as requiring an enhanced DBS check as it involves working with children. This will be arranged and funded by the Stronger Communities Service.
- All volunteers are expected to demonstrate a commitment to the principles of equality of opportunity and fairness of treatment in relation to their volunteer role, and adhere to the council’s Volunteer Policy in carrying out their volunteer role
- All volunteers are expected to respect confidentiality, and the principles and practice of the Data Protection Act 1998
- All volunteers are required to comply with Health and Safety policies and legislation
If you're interested please complete the online expression of interest form.
Where a volunteer is disabled, Middlesbrough Council will make every reasonable effort to supply the necessary aids, equipment or adaptations to enable a volunteer to carry out their role.