A volunteer is needed to assist with the running of the Visitor Centre shop at the Tees Transporter Bridge, as well as serving and speaking to customers.
- Assisting in the running of the Visitor Centre shop
- Dealing with members of the public
- Answering the phone, giving information about the timetable of the Bridge
- Assisting with the Visitor Experience tours, open days and events
- Handling cash
Experience and skills
- Dealing with the public
- Articulate, with numeracy skills
- Confidence in speaking to the public
- Working at height
Tuesdays, Thursdays, and weekends
- All volunteers are expected to demonstrate a commitment to the principles of equality of opportunity and fairness of treatment in relation to their volunteer role, and adhere to the council’s Volunteer Policy in carrying out their volunteer role
- All volunteers are expected to respect confidentiality, and the principles and practice of the Data Protection Act 1998
- All volunteers are required to comply with Health and Safety policies and legislation
If you're interested please complete the online expression of interest form.
Where a volunteer is disabled, Middlesbrough Council will make every reasonable effort to supply the necessary aids, equipment or adaptations to enable a volunteer to carry out their role.