Are you interested in becoming a Boro Becks ranger?
Rangers work as part of a small team of volunteers to deliver practical conservation tasks along all becks and associated areas in Middlesbrough, including Marton West, Ormesby, Middle, and Spencer becks. The team work with other groups regularly including Nature’s World.
Task days are Tuesdays and Thursdays, running from 10am - 2pm, although the hours and days are flexible.
- Maintain and improve beck valleys as wildlife and public amenity resources
- Assist in a variety of practical conservation tasks appropriate to the season. This includes litter and rubbish removal
- Tasks to be undertaken as part of a team involving staff and other volunteers
- Assist in regular walks along the becks, and wildlife surveys reporting any issues
Experience and skills
- No specific skills needed as training will be given
- An enthusiasm for being active outdoors
- An interest in wildlife and the natural world
- Experience working with people
- All volunteers are expected to demonstrate a commitment to the principles of equality of opportunity and fairness of treatment in relation to their volunteer role, and adhere to the council’s Volunteer Policy in carrying out their volunteer role
- All volunteers are expected to respect confidentiality, and the principles and practice of the Data Protection Act 1998
- All volunteers are required to comply with Health and Safety policies and legislation
If you're interested please complete the online expression of interest form.
Where a volunteer is disabled, Middlesbrough Council will make every reasonable effort to supply the necessary aids, equipment or adaptations to enable a volunteer to carry out their role.