A volunteer is needed to provide help and support to the Stronger Families teams in their day to day work.
Stronger Families provides Early Help support for families. Early Help is about providing support as soon as a problem emerges in order to prevent any problems from getting worse and further problems arising.
The Stronger Families Service is made up of four teams:
- Family Partnership Team
- Family Team
- School Readiness
- Work Readiness
Teams work alongside each other when working with families so that every member of the family has a voice and can access the support they need.
The role is based in various Middlesbrough Council locations, including children’s centres and community hubs.
With guidance of qualified staff, volunteers will:
- work within Stronger Families
- work across Middlesbrough in different locations
- provide help and support to Stronger Families teams to support children, young people and their families
Experience and skills
- Good customer service skills
- Good spoken communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good standard of English and Maths
- No experience necessary as full training will be given
- The ability to speak an additional language is desirable
To be agreed based on volunteer's availability and the needs of the post. Stronger Families staff may work some evenings and volunteers may be asked to support them, subject to availability.
Required (enhanced DBS, as you'll be working with vulnerable children, young people, and adults)
- All volunteers are expected to demonstrate a commitment to the principles of equality of opportunity and fairness of treatment in relation to their volunteer role, and adhere to the council’s Volunteer Policy in carrying out their volunteer role
- All volunteers are expected to respect confidentiality, and the principles and practice of the Data Protection Act 1998
- All volunteers are required to comply with Health and Safety policies and legislation
If you're interested please complete the online expression of interest form.
Where a volunteer is disabled, Middlesbrough Council will make every reasonable effort to supply the necessary aids, equipment or adaptations to enable a volunteer to carry out their role.