A volunteer exam invigilator is needed to ensure that candidates have an equal, safe, and secure environment in which to sit their examinations, in accordance with the JCQ guidelines for conducting examinations.
- Ensure exam papers are stored securely prior to the examination
- Supervise the entry of candidates into the examination room, and ask for photographic ID
- Direct candidates to their designated seat
- Make sure candidates are aware that they're under examination conditions
- Open and distribute exam papers to candidates
- Start the examination and read out any erratum notices
- Complete an attendance register
- Make sure that candidates are aware of the start and finish time of the examination
- Be vigilant, but not intrusive, throughout the period of the examination to prevent possible candidate malpractice
- Collect exam papers and exam scripts at the end of the examination
- Supervise the orderly exit of candidates from the examination room
- Return completed exam papers, exam scripts, and exam stationary to a secure area at the end of the examination
- Ensure all candidates have an equal opportunity to demonstrate their abilities
- Be familiar with the instructions outlined by the JCQ (the booklet will be provided, along with in-house training)
Experience and skills
No previous experience needed. In-house training will be provided.
To be confirmed
- All volunteers are expected to demonstrate a commitment to the principles of equality of opportunity and fairness of treatment in relation to their volunteer role, and adhere to the council’s Volunteer Policy in carrying out their volunteer role
- All volunteers are expected to respect confidentiality, and the principles and practice of the Data Protection Act 1998
- All volunteers are required to comply with Health and Safety policies and legislation
If you're interested please complete the online expression of interest form.
Where a volunteer is disabled, Middlesbrough Council will make every reasonable effort to supply the necessary aids, equipment or adaptations to enable a volunteer to carry out their role.