A volunteer is needed to support library staff by assisting in the day to day running of Hemlington Library.
- Ensuring the library is kept tidy
- Using the library computer system
- Using books and other materials such as Spoken Word
- Handling cash if necessary and using a till
- Dealing with customers
- Helping customers on the public PCs
Experience and skills
- Love of books and reading
- Computer skills
- Good communication skills
- Enjoy working with people of all ages
- Good at working with others
- Flexible attitude
- Good timekeeping and reliable
To be determined
- All volunteers are expected to demonstrate a commitment to the principles of equality of opportunity and fairness of treatment in relation to their volunteer role, and adhere to the council’s Volunteer Policy in carrying out their volunteer role
- All volunteers are expected to respect confidentiality, and the principles and practice of the Data Protection Act 1998
- All volunteers are required to comply with Health and Safety policies and legislation
If you're interested please complete the online expression of interest form.
Where a volunteer is disabled, Middlesbrough Council will make every reasonable effort to supply the necessary aids, equipment or adaptations to enable a volunteer to carry out their role.