A volunteer is needed to assist and support Rebound (gentle movement) sessions for service users.
- Support and assist members of the Orchard staff team to carry out regular Rebound sessions with individuals
- Follow specific manual handling and rebound assessments for individuals to ensure safety at all times (mandatory training will be provided)
- Ability to observe and spot for safety, and able to get on and off the trampoline with Rebound trained staff
- Communicate with individual service users about the Rebound session, and ensure it's safe, fun and exciting, and delivered in a person-centred manner
Experience and skills
- Working with adults with a complex learning disability
- Understanding of therapeutic activities for health and wellbeing (Rebound - gentle movements on a trampoline for individuals)
To be determined – one hour per week, day and time to be confirmed on pending interview
- All volunteers are expected to demonstrate a commitment to the principles of equality of opportunity and fairness of treatment in relation to their volunteer role, and adhere to the council’s Volunteer Policy in carrying out their volunteer role
- All volunteers are expected to respect confidentiality, and the principles and practice of the Data Protection Act 1998
- All volunteers are required to comply with Health and Safety policies and legislation
If you're interested please complete the online expression of interest form.
Where a volunteer is disabled, Middlesbrough Council will make every reasonable effort to supply the necessary aids, equipment or adaptations to enable a volunteer to carry out their role.