Purpose of the post
To assist the team and committee with administrative functions. Meetings (sometimes held during evenings) are arranged four times per year.
- Invite members to meetings, take notes, and after checking with the chairman, posting/emailing notes to attendees
- Receive correspondence both by mail and email
- Assist with maintaining the Boro Becks Facebook page
- Assist in other areas, particularly where the secretary has a relevant interest, e.g. marketing, publicity, fund raising.
Experience and skills
- A good level of verbal and written English
- Ability to use a laptop/desktop computer and word processing programme (e.g. Microsoft Word) would be an advantage
- Experience with social media e.g. Facebook, Twitter etc., and use of web pages would be helpful.
- All volunteers are expected to demonstrate a commitment to the principles of equality of opportunity and fairness of treatment in relation to their volunteer role, and adhere to the council’s Volunteer Policy in carrying out their volunteer role
- All volunteers are expected to respect confidentiality, and the principles and practice of the Data Protection Act 1998
- All volunteers are required to comply with Health and Safety policies and legislation
If you're interested please complete the online expression of interest form.
Where a volunteer is disabled, Middlesbrough Council will make every reasonable effort to supply the necessary aids, equipment or adaptations to enable a volunteer to carry out their role.