A group leader is needed to work with small groups of learners to develop their English, maths and ESOL skills to support and complement their main programme of study.
With the guidance of a qualified teacher:
- To plan and deliver learning activities for small groups of learners
- To liaise with programme advisors and teachers to identify support needs of learners
- To support learners to develop their maths, English and ESOL skills as part of their programme
- To maintain accurate records as appropriate
- To attend meetings and undertake development activities as agreed with the coordinator
Experience and skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent spoken communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good standard of English and maths
- No experience necessary as full training will be provided
To be determined based upon volunteer's availability and the needs of the service.
Yes (volunteer will be working with vulnerable adults in a community learning settings)
- All volunteers are expected to demonstrate a commitment to the principles of equality of opportunity and fairness of treatment in relation to their volunteer role, and adhere to the council’s Volunteer Policy in carrying out their volunteer role
- All volunteers are expected to respect confidentiality, and the principles and practice of the Data Protection Act 1998
- All volunteers are required to comply with Health and Safety policies and legislation
If you're interested please complete the online expression of interest form.
Where a volunteer is disabled, Middlesbrough Council will make every reasonable effort to supply the necessary aids, equipment or adaptations to enable a volunteer to carry out their role.