One of the country’s leading orchestras is coming to Middlesbrough with a feast of music to banish the post-Christmas blues.
It’s a rare chance to hear Royal Northern Sinfonia perform First Cuckoo in Spring under the guidance of director/violinist Kyra Humphreys.
A mixed programme of English and French music on Thursday, January 19 opens with Elgar’s Serenade for Strings, followed by works by Delius, Massenet, Rameau and Ravel.
Oboist Steven Hudson will perform Vaughan Williams’ Oboe Concerto before the players cross the Channel again for Gounod’s First Symphony.
Next Thursday’s programme will feature:
• Elgar Serenade for Strings
• Delius On Hearing the First Cuckoo in Spring
• Massenet Meditation Thaïs
• Rameau Three movements from ‘Suite for String Orchestra’
• Ravel Le Tombeau de Couperin
• Vaughan Williams Oboe Concerto
• Gounod Symphony No.1
The Royal Northern Sinfonia perform at Middlesbrough Theatre on Thursday, January 19 from 7.45pm. Tickets £18.
For further information and to book tickets call the Box Office on 01642 81 51 81 or book online at www.middlesbroughtheatre.co.uk