During the winter months, this page will be regularly updated with details of any disruption to Middlesbrough's roads due to bad weather.
Information can be found below on where and when the gritters will be in action, a link to the latest weather forecast, opening times and closures of venues and winter driving tips. If any school closures occur this will also be added here along with other useful information to help you cope with the winter weather.
To report a problem or request additional supplies for a salt bin located near you please complete the online form.
Gritting runs within the last 5 days:
There are currently no school closures in Middlesbrough due to the weather.
Key stats for winter 2016/17
- First grit this season - 02/11/2016
- Distance covered per gritting run (five routes) - 180 miles
- Total time to grit all routes - 2 hours
- Number of gritters - 7
- Amount of grit - 4,000 tonnes, further stocks available if necessary
- Amount of grit used last year (2015/16) - 2,000 tonnes
Middlesbrough has five priority gritting routes totalling 180 miles. Details of which routes are due to be gritted and when will be listed above. You can also view the gritting routes map.
Are you ready for winter?
Help for older people
- Read Independent Age's leaflet on being 'winter wise' and looking after yourself during the colder months
- Independent Age (0800 319 6789) and Silverline (0800 4 70 80 90) offer free, confidential advice and friendship over the phone