New Local Plan update
The Local Plan was due to be submitted to the Government in June 2019. However, Full Council on the 24th July 2019, approved a revised scope and timetable for the preparation of the Local Plan review.
An indicative timetable has been identified for the review.
|Evidence gathering/review||Winter 2019/Spring 2020|
|Preferred options||Summer 2020|
This indicative timetable will be refined in the coming months and the Local Development Scheme will be revised accordingly.
Previous Local Plan Consultations
Publication Local Plan
The Council consulted on its Publication Local Plan between 9 November and 21 December 2018, Documents relating to the Publication Local Plan consultation:
- Middlesbrough Publication Local Plan
- Preferred Options Consultation statement
- Response form/guidance notes and statement of representation
- Publication Policies Map
- Publication Town Centre Insert Map
- Duty to Cooperate Statement
- Sustainability Appraisal Publication
- Habitats Regulation Assessment
- Response to Preferred Options
The council consulted on its Preferred Options report between 24 May and 9 July 2018, and the comments received have been taken into account in finalising the Publication Local Plan (see above).
Documents relating to the Preferred Options consultation: