Social Care and Support Icon

Access your social care records

If you contact us for information or for an assessment then we may ask you to provide some of your personal details. We won't collect more information than we need to provide you with the support services you require.

The Accessible Information Standard says that people who have a disability or sensory loss should get information in a way they can access and understand. It also says that they should get support with communication if they need it. The law says that all organisations that give NHS care or adult social care have to do what the standard says. Read more about making health and social care information accessible.

The information we keep about you is confidential, and we will store, use and update it in line with the laws in the Data Protection Act 1998. However, to make sure you get the best possible support we may need to share some information about you with other people. Before we do this, we'll discuss and agree with you the other health and social care professionals or services with whom we will need to share your information.

Anyone who receives information from us must keep it confidential by law. We will only pass on your information to others without your consent where there's a major risk of harm to you or others, or where we're legally required to.

For more information on how to access the information we keep about you please read our access to your records booklet.

To request your records please complete the access to your records form.