Social Care and Support Icon

Advocacy and someone to speak on your behalf

Someone to speak on your behalf

If you'd like someone to speak on your behalf or who can help you to speak up for yourself, there are organisations that can help you. Someone who represents your rights and interests is called an 'advocate'.

The Tees Advocacy Hub

Tees Advocacy Hub provides advocates to help you speak up for yourself, and who will help you understand what your rights are.

It includes the following types of advocacy:

  • General
  • Representational
  • Independent Mental Health Advocate (IMHA)
  • Independent Mental Capacity Advocate (IMCA)

This service is provided by Middlesbrough Citizen's Advice Bureau. You can visit them at 9 Linthorpe Road, Middlesbrough, TS1 1RE, or call them on 0844 499 4110.

Middlesbrough 1st for People with Learning Disabilities

Middlesbrough 1st provide supported advocacy for carers of adults with a learning disability and self-advocacy for adults with a learning disability.

You can visit them at Langridge Initiative Centre, Langridge Crescent, Berwick Hills, Middlesbrough, TS3 7LU. You can also call them on 01642 247821 or email

  • New to Grove Hill Community Hub, FREE Tai Chi sessions. Fridays from 12-1pm, suitable for all abilities and everyon…
    14 hours 35 min ago
  • 2/2 We expect the fault to be fixed by Tuesday 4 April. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.
    1 day 16 hours ago
  • 1/2 The option to set up a Direct Debit to pay Council Tax is currently unavailable. Please call 01642 726030 & hold to speak to an advisor.
    1 day 16 hours ago