Home chevron_right Adult social care chevron_right Getting social care support chevron_right Advocacy services

Advocacy and someone to speak on your behalf

If you'd like someone to speak on your behalf or who can help you to speak up for yourself, there are organisations that can help you. Someone who represents your rights and interests is called an 'advocate'.

People First Independent Advocacy Hub

All advocacy referrals for people who live in Middlesbrough are managed by the People First Independent Advocacy Hub.

Visit the People First website to get:

  • an Independent Mental Health Advocate (IMHA)
  • an Independent Mental Capacity Advocate
  • a Paid Relevant Persons Representative
  • a Care Act Advocate
  • a Non-Statutory (General) Advocate

People First can offer further support by calling 03003 038 037 or by emailing bestlife@wearepeoplefirst.co.uk.