We're releasing dates for the collection of old green bins one week at a time. See next week's dates

Home chevron_right Benefits and support chevron_right All forms

All forms and frequently asked questions

Frequently asked questions

Help to upload supporting documents

How to scan or photograph supporting documents

The best way to upload documents is to scan them with a scanner and save them as a PDF. You can also use your phone camera to photograph documents.

Please do not merge all your documents into one file.

File size

You will not be able to upload files larger than 2MB. Please keep documents small so they upload faster.

File format

We can accept electronic copies of documents in the following formats: .doc; .docx; .rtf; .pdf; .jpg; .gif; .png

Please note, even if you upload copies of your documents, we may still need to see the originals before we look at your claim. We'll let you know if this needs to happen. Do not send original documents through the post.

What if I don't have a printer?

Most forms can be filled in online.

However the following forms will need to be printed and either signed or stamped.

  • childcare costs form
  • employers earnings certificate
  • landlord declaration form
  • second property form
  • shared room exemption

If you can't print the forms we need to help us work out your claim, you may be able to use a printer in one of our libraries.

Alternatively, you can call us on 01642 726006 and ask for a form to be sent to you. Our phone lines are open Monday and Wednesday (10am to 4:30pm), and Friday (10am to 4pm). They are closed on Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays, and Sundays.

How do I return paper forms that I've completed?

You can scan copies of your completed forms and upload them. If you do not have a scanner, you can take a photo of the form and upload it.

Please use the benefits enquiry form to send us your completed forms.

What happens after I submit the form?

If you've provided all the necessary information, we'll look at your claim. Once we've made a decision, we'll write to you. We'll contact you if we need any extra information before we look at your claim.

How do I find out what information the council holds about me, and how it's used?

Our privacy notices explain how we collect, store, and use customer data.

You have the right to see a copy of the information we hold about you. Find out more about exercising your data protection rights.