We're releasing dates for the collection of old green bins one week at a time. See next week's dates

Home chevron_right Community support chevron_right Stronger Communities chevron_right Asylum support chevron_right A negative decision or deciding to return home

A negative decision or deciding to return home

Deciding to return home

If you do want to return home, you can get help through the Home Office's Voluntary Returns Service (VRS). You can apply online for help to leave the UK and return home. You can also phone the Voluntary Returns Service on 0300 004 0202. Or you can speak to your immigration enforcement officer when you sign at the Reporting Centre.

Getting a negative decision

If you get a negative decision on your asylum claim, you will only be able to stay in your property for another 21 days. After that, your financial support will also stop.

It's vital that you contact your lawyer and get immigration advice. If you are interested in returning home, you can email scm@middlesbrough.gov.uk for advice.

Other help which is available: