23 June is the last day to apply for a bigger bin for guaranteed delivery before fortnightly collections start. Apply for a bigger bin now

Home chevron_right Community support chevron_right Stronger Communities chevron_right Asylum support chevron_right Places to get help for asylum seekers

Places to get help for asylum seekers

Organisations which can help


There are lots of community organisations which can help you, before and after the Home Office has made a decision on your asylum claim. Those organisations include:

British Red Cross
British Red Cross, Victoria House, Pearson Way, Stockton, TS17 6PT
Phone number: 01642 702733
Phone number: 0191 273 7961
Red Cross website

John Paul Centre
55 Grange Road, Middlesbrough, TS1 5AU
Phone number: 01642 247831

Justice First
135 Norton Road, Stockton-on-Tees, TS18 2BG
Phone number: 01642 601 122
Justice First website

The Methodist Asylum Project (MAP)
54 Borough Road, Middlesbrough, TS1 2JH
Phone number: 07970 192 841
Methodist Asylum Project website

Migrant Help
Phone number: 0808 8010 503
Migrant Help website

North East Migration Partnership (NEMP)
Email: nemp@middlesbrough.gov.uk
North East Migration Partnership website

North of England Refugee Service (NERS)
2 Friars Street, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 4AX
Phone number: 0191 245 7301
North of England Refugee Service website

Open Door North East
Melbourne House, Newport Road, Middlesbrough, TS1 5QH
Phone number: 01642 213 634
Open Door North East website

Advice and help from Middlesbrough Council


Middlesbrough is home to lots of libraries and community centres (called Community Hubs). Community Hubs offer advice and information, as well as computers which are free to use.

If you're pregnant or have children


Middlesbrough Council also has a Family Information Service. They have lots of information to support you and your family if you have children.

If you are worried about the safety of a child, contact the Middlesbrough Multi-Agency Children's Hub for help.

If you are pregnant, you may be able to get a maternity grant. If you are an asylum seeker, you will have to apply through Migrant Help.