Anti-social behaviour (ASB) describes a wide range of everyday nuisance, disorder and crime. It has a huge impact on victims' quality of life and is often the public's biggest local concern.
Are you experiencing anti-social behaviour?
The first step is to report it in one of the following ways:
- If you are in immediate danger, please call 999.
- Use our online form to report incidents of anti-social behaviour
- You can contact the Neighbourhood Safety Team in confidence on 01642 513606 (Monday-Thursday, 8.30am to 5pm; Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm).
If you call outside of these hours, please leave a message and an officer will contact you the next working day. Alternatively you can contact the team by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For reports of anti-social behaviour (as well as car parking issues and requests for CCTV), you can contact the Integrated Enforcement Team in confidence on 01642 228500 (7am to 10pm, Monday to Sunday). If you call outside of these hours, please leave a message and an officer will contact you the next working day.
- If you would like to contact your local Neighbourhood Policing Team you can call 01642 302900.
Community Safety Team
The Community Safety Team works with partners and local people to prevent and reduce crime and ASB including:
- Vandalism, graffiti, and deliberate damage to property or vehicles
- Groups of teenagers hanging around on the streets
- Fly tipping or littering
- Drug use and dealing
- Drunk or rowdy behaviour
- Chaotic families
They do this by:
- Detecting and deterring crime, and providing public safety through CCTV usage
- Diverting and preventing ASB, and educating offenders
- Offering specialist support to victims of ASB
- Raising the management standards of private landlords
- Promoting community cohesion and sustainability
You can contact the Community Safety Team via e-mail at email@example.com or by calling 01642 728281. The team is committed to working in partnership with local people and agencies to deal with ASB whenever it occurs in Middlesbrough.
The Community Safety Team does not deal with incidents relating to neighbour disputes. We would therefore suggest you contact UNITE (Mediation) on 01642 311633. If the neighbour dispute involves serious threats or violence, you should contact Cleveland Police on 101. If the incident is currently happening and you think you're in danger, dial 999.
|Cleveland Police Neighbourhood Policing Unit - Middlesbrough||01642 302900|
|Police non-emergency number||101|
|My Sister's Place (domestic violence support)||01642 241864|
|Domestic Violence helpline||0808 2000247|
|Platform (drug and alcohol support)||01642 246241|
|Frank (National Drugs helpline)||0800 776600|
|Middlesbrough Council Street Wardens||01642 228500|
|Teesside Victim Support||0845 277 0977|
|UNITE mediation||01642 311633|