We're releasing dates for the collection of old green bins one week at a time. See next week's dates

Home chevron_right Environmental issues chevron_right Pests


Pest control services

Unfortunately we do not offer a pest control service to private households. If you need a pest control service, you'll need to contact a private pest control company.

You can use the British Pest Control Association (BPCA) website to find one. Only services which display a high standard of professionalism in their work can become a member of the BPCA.

Swarms of honey bees

If you have a swarm of honey bees, you can use the Cleveland Beekeepers Association website to find a bee collector to help you. Make sure you use their guide to identify whether or not they are honey bees (as opposed to other insects like bumble bees or wasps). Collectors will only help you to remove honey bees.

All of the collectors listed are experienced beekeepers who are trained and insured to catch swarms. The service is free to members of the general public. There may be a small charge to cover the collector's expenses, for example travel costs.

What to do about other pests

The British Pest Control Association (BPCA) website has an A to Z list of pests, from ants and spiders to birds. They also have advice on hiring a pest controller or getting rid of pests yourself.

GOV.UK also has advice on dealing with pests on your own property, including methods which you're not allowed to use to control pests.