There are delays to bin collections in a number of areas. We're working this weekend to catch up. What to do if your bin was missed

Home chevron_right Health and wellbeing chevron_right Incontinence


Urinary incontinence is the unintentional passing of urine (pee). Bowel incontinence, or faecal incontinence, is when you have problems controlling your bowels. If you have problems with incontinence you're not alone - many people have the same problem.

Medical help for incontinence is available. Specially-trained nurses and physiotherapists can support you and give you advice, which can improve your situation. The Continence Service for Middlesbrough is based at Low Grange Health Centre (Normanby Road, Middlesbrough, TS6 6TD). Your GP or social worker can refer you, or you can refer yourself. You can refer yourself by calling them on 01642 944315.

There are also products which can also help you to cope, including pads, mattress protectors, wet wipes, and lotions.

The NHS website gives more information about urinary incontinence and bowel incontinence, including treatments and details of the support available through the NHS.

The Bladder and Bowel Community and the Continence Foundation provide advice and support for people with bladder and bowel control problems.