Approved on 6 September 2022
Under the Localism Act 2011 and the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012, Middlesbrough Council approved an application by Nunthorpe Parish Council for a Neighbourhood Area on 6 September 2022. View the Nunthorpe Neighbourhood Area decision notice.
The newly-designated area will be known as the Nunthorpe Neighbourhood Area.
The Neighbourhood Area covers:
- parished areas of Nunthorpe
- non-parished areas of Nunthorpe
- part of Marton East Ward in Middlesbrough
- land in the Redcar & Cleveland Council area
'Parished area' means an area which is represented by Nunthorpe Parish Council, and 'non-parished area' means an area which is not represented by Nunthorpe Parish Council.
You can view a map of the Neighbourhood Area (JPG).
As the Neighbourhood Area covers two local council areas (Middlesbrough and Redcar and Cleveland), Nunthorpe Parish Council submitted a duplicate application to Redcar and Cleveland Borough Council. This application was approved by Redcar and Cleveland Borough Council on 27 September 2022.
- View the Nunthorpe Neighbourhood Area application form
- View the Nunthorpe Neighbourhood Area application - supporting evidence and map
For more information about this Neighbourhood Plan, or if you're interested in a Neighbourhood Plan for your area, call 01642 729062.