The government expects local planning authorities to play a key role in the protection and management of historic buildings and areas.
Middlesbrough Council works towards this by:
- Dealing with applications for listed building consent
- Dealing with applications to carry out works in conservation areas
- Providing advice on the repair, maintenance and alteration of historic buildings
- Advising on proposed changes within an historic area, including development proposals
- Protecting trees that have amenity value
- Improving knowledge and understanding of the importance and value of the historic environment
Please see the Historic England website for rules on which projects need consent and how it may be obtained.
For information about conservation, please contact:
Phone: 01642 729116
For queries about trees and hedgerows, please contact:
Phone: 01642 729377