The SEND Assessment Team 0-25 deals with many aspects relating to inclusive education. This includes:
- Identification, assessment and provision for pupils with additional needs
- Administration of Education Health and Care Assessment process and annual review of Statements of Special Educational Needs
- Close working links with Parent Partnership Officer - to offer independent advice and assistance to parents and carers in connection with Special Educational Needs / education, health and care plans.
- Identification, monitoring and tracking of 'children missing from education' or 'at risk of being missing from education'
- Provision of advice and support for schools, governors and parents relating to pupils excluded from schools
- Complaints - advice to parents, schools and governors on matters relating to school-based complaints; guidance on corporate complaints (local authority service provision)
For general enquiries relating to SEN, please contact:
Have your say
Middlesbrough Council SEND & Vulnerable Learners Team, in partnership with local health and care services, are developing a family leadership programme to support and inform parents about key issues relating to SEND in Middlesbrough.
The aim of the family leadership programme is to offer a short training course to parents to provide an introduction to key services, signposting for additional support and understanding SEND in Middlesbrough.
To help us put the programme together, we would like to hear from you. We would like to know when and where would be best to deliver the training programme; we would also like to know what you think should be included in the content of the programme.
You can provide your response by completing the online consultation survey. The deadline date for all feedback is 31st May 2019.