There are delays to bin collections in a number of areas. We're working this weekend to catch up. What to do if your bin was missed

Home chevron_right Business and licensing chevron_right Food businesses

Food businesses

Food businesses in Middlesbrough must be registered with the council's Public Protection Service.

Environmental Health Officers and Food Safety Officers visit food businesses to check food safety and hygiene standards, and to check the presentation, labelling, and composition of food.

Visits may also be made to investigate complaints, to take samples for analysis or examination, and to provide advice and guidance.

Animal feed establishments must also register with the Public Protection Service. Trading Standards Officers visit feed establishments to check compliance with animal feed legislation, which includes hygiene standards, and the composition and labelling of feed.