The threat from terrorism in the UK, related to conflicts abroad, is of great concern. So too is the number of people being radicalised or drawn into terrorist-related activities at home and abroad.
Communities and families are asked to contact police about anyone they feel may be vulnerable.
Call the police on 101 if you:
- are concerned about someone travelling to, or returning from, a conflict zone
- are worried about someone showing signs of being radicalised
- would like support or advice on radicalisation or terrorist-related activities
Trust your instincts and help prevent tragedies.
Communities defeat terrorism
You can help the police tackle terrorism and save lives by reporting suspicious behaviour and activity online.
Prevent Tragedies: advice on the current risks in Syria
Let's Talk About It: help and guidance for the public in order to stop people becoming terrorists or supporting terrorism
Families Against Stress and Trauma: where to find help if you're worried your child is at risk of radicalisation
GOV.UK travel advice: latest travel advice by country including safety and security, entry requirements, travel warnings, and health
GOV.UK travel industry guidance: 'run, hide and tell' advice for travel industry and holiday makers
- Campaign about awareness of travel to conflict zones (PDF)
- Campaign about awareness of travel to conflict zones - Somali (PDF)
- Campaign about awareness of travel to conflict zones - Farsi (PDF)
- Campaign about awareness of travel to conflict zones - Punjabi (PDF)
- Working with mothers to prevent tragedies (PDF)
- Working with mothers to prevent tragedies - Arabic (PDF)