When we'll remove graffiti
We'll remove graffiti from council-owned buildings and land. This includes:
- Community Hubs and libraries, leisure centres, museums, and entertainment venues
- council offices
- public buildings like the bus station and Middlesbrough House
- public areas like parks
- pavements, road surfaces, and road signs
When we will not remove graffiti
We will not remove graffiti from buildings or structures which do not belong to us. This includes:
- people's houses
- business premises
- public buildings like schools, religious buildings, hospitals, and GP surgeries
- structures on the road or pavement, like bus shelters, postboxes, and phone boxes
How long it will take
We will remove offensive or racist graffiti on council-owned land or buildings within 2 working days.
We'll remove all other graffiti on council-owned land or buildings within 5 to 10 working days.
How to report graffiti
Report graffiti on council buildings or land
If you're unable to use the online form, you can also report graffiti by calling 01642 726001 during office hours.
If you want to report racist or offensive graffiti out of hours, you can call the out of hours service on 01642 726050.