Volunteer(s) are needed to teach/support the development of individuals and small groups to provide/support bespoke training related to volunteer/employment roles for adults with learning disabilities within a variety of community settings.
Volunteers should be motivated and enthusiastic people who can demonstrate a commitment to lifelong learning.
- Assist and support the development of a learning pathway for adults with learning disabilities, which links in with their desired area of volunteering/employment
- Giving one to one help with specific tasks such as using technology, understanding work practices, health and safety, confidence building, money recognition etc.
- Assist MCiS staff/trainers to help individuals with various life skill learning experiences
- Support individuals to fulfil their personal learning goals
- Support implementation of various learning strategies
Experience and skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Have experience in learning and/or development
- Have the ability to cope and support a variety of different needs that may include physical, emotional, mental, and psychological situations
- Be creative and have a positive outlook
- Have good communication and engagement skills
To be determined
Yes (working with vulnerable adults)
- All volunteers are expected to demonstrate a commitment to the principles of equality of opportunity and fairness of treatment in relation to their volunteer role, and adhere to the council’s Volunteer Policy in carrying out their volunteer role
- All volunteers are expected to respect confidentiality, and the principles and practice of the Data Protection Act 1998
- All volunteers are required to comply with Health and Safety policies and legislation
- All volunteers are required to comply with the adult safeguarding principles
If you're interested please complete the online expression of interest form.
Where a volunteer is disabled, Middlesbrough Council will make every reasonable effort to supply the necessary aids, equipment or adaptations to enable a volunteer to carry out their role.