View the Draft summary of Accounts 2018-2019
AUDIT OF ACCOUNTS YEAR ENDED 31st March 2019
Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014, sections 26 and 27
Accounts and Audit (England and Wales) Regulations 2015, regulations 14 & 15
The Council’s accounts are subject to external audit by Ernst & Young LLP of City Gate, St. James’ Boulevard, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 4JD. Members of the public and local government electors have certain rights in the audit process:
1. From 3rd June 2019 to 12th July 2019 between 9.00am and 4.00pm any persons interested may inspect the accounts of the Council for the year ended 31st March 2019 and all books, deeds, contracts, bills, vouchers, receipts and other documents relating to those records at the address given below. Interested parties may also make copies of all or any part of these records or documents.
2. From 3rd June 2019 to 12th July 2019, a local government elector for any area to which the accounts relate or any representative of the elector has the opportunity to question the auditor about the accounting records. The auditor can be contacted at the address given above.
3. From 3rd June 2019 to 12th July 2019, a local government elector for an area to which the accounts relate, may make an objection to the local auditor concerning a matter in respect of which:-
- the auditor could make a public interest report or
- if the auditor considers an item of account is contrary to the law, the auditor may under section 28 of the Act, apply to the court for a declaration to that effect.
The objection must be made in writing to the auditor and copied to me at the address given below.
Dated 28th May 2019
Strategic Director of Finance, Governance & Support