Parliamentary general election - 12 December 2019
- View the Notice of Election - Middlesbrough Constituency
- View the Notice of Election - Middlesbrough South and East Cleveland Constituency
Following the UK Government's announcement that parliament will be dissolved, arrangements are being made to hold a Parliamentary general election to elect an MP for the Middlesbrough constituency, and an MP for the Middlesbrough South and East Cleveland constituency.
Polling stations will be in operation throughout the borough on 12 December 2019. If you're already registered to vote, you'll be sent a polling information card on or around Monday 18 November, giving you further details of your polling station. Please read it carefully, as your usual polling station may have changed.
If you're not already registered to vote, or have moved recently, you should register online as soon as possible. Make sure you're registered to vote by the 26 November deadline.
If you're not already a postal voter and would prefer to vote by post, please complete an application form and return it by 5pm on Tuesday 26 November. Apply to vote by post via the Electoral Commission website.
If you would prefer to appoint someone to vote on your behalf, you can apply to become a proxy voter as long as your application form is received by 5pm on Wednesday 4 December. Apply for someone to vote on your behalf via the Electoral Commission website.
If you're interested in standing as a candidate, please read the guidance in the standing for Parliamentary election document.
Candidates and agents can attend a briefing session on Tuesday 5 November at 10am in the Town Hall, Middlesbrough (Mandela Room).
The following are key dates in the lead up to, and following, the Parliamentary General Election on 12 December:
- Friday 8 November - the Notice of Election will be published
- Thursday 14 November - the Statement of Persons Nominated, Notice of Poll and situation of polling stations will be published
- Friday 13 December - the Declarations of Results will be published (this is likely to take place during the early hours).